Wright Opera House
472 Main Street, Ouray
Built in 1888 by Francis Carney for brothers Ed and George Wright and their wives, Letitia and Lenora, the Wright Opera House was the center of activities for the City of Ouray until the early part of the 20th century. After a number of years of relative non-use, it is once again being used for cultural events for the public. The nonprofit group Friends of the Wright Opera House purchased the 125-year-old building in 2010, and is in the process of renovating it. The structure has been placed on the United States National Register of Historic Places.
The concert hall in the Wright Opera House is upstairs, and seats about 250 people. An elevator provides easy access for those who have problems with stairs.
Amenities include a street-level box office, foyer, wine bar and concession area. Men’s and women’s restrooms are upstairs.
View Wright Opera House, Ouray, CO in a map.